- Founder, CEO of AstroWix Corporation
- Mr. Upendra Giri, a 1991 batch Civil engineer from the Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Jamia Millia Islamia, started his career with CK Kukreja and Associates as an assistant engineer. Two years later, he moved to the USA to complete his M.Sc. in Environmental engineering from Lehigh University, Pennsylvania. He worked for three years with Unitech Engineers (USA) as a Project Controls engineer and then two years with Foster-Wheeler Corporation (USA) as a Project Management professional.
- In 1999, he founded AstroWix Corporation and has been acting as its CEO since.
- He has been promoting Project Management best practices across Asia Pacific and is responsible for many of the pioneering efforts towards promotion of the same in India, besides training over 30000 professionals on best practices in Project Management and has led AstroWix help organizations professionally manage projects . He hosted PMICon 2005, based on the theme “Achieving objectives of India Inc. with Project Management Excellence “, and organized PMIConclave 2006 over key locations in India.
- He also delivered the keynote address at the Microsoft Philippines at the First National Project Management Conference in the Philippines, Pravasi Bhartiya Meet organized by Government of India in Delhi and the first Project Management Day in Pakistan.
- He was amongst the eminent speakers at the SAARC’s Regional Project Management Conference held in Sri Lanka, 2010. He holds several honorary positions in India, including membership of the Advisory Board of Project Management Institute (PMI) North India
- . He is the first Indian to be awarded prestigious Eric Jenett Project Management Excellence Award from PMI, USA for exceptional contributions in the field of Project management.
- He has also been featured in Property Expert, Zee Business, DD News, DataQuest, Hindustan Times, Times of India and the Education Times.
|Jamia Engineering Alumni Association Annual |
Meeting on 28th April, 2007